Thursday 28 August 2014

FO (Knitting): All Seasons Cardy.

One of the projects I finished just before I went on vacation was my daughter's All Seasons Cardy. The pattern (All Seasons Cardy by Kelly Brooker) is available in plenty of different sizes from 12 months to 6 years, and is also written for different yarn weights. I made a size 2 years in a light worsted weight yarn. 


The cardigan is a seamless design and worked from the yoke down. It knit up quickly, especially once I got to the lace section, which was simple and repetitive enough to work even while watching my daughter play in the garden. The hardest part for me was chosing the buttons. When I started working on the cardigan I thought the colour I had chosen would work best with simple wood buttons, but when I tried different wood buttons on the finished piece the just didn't look right. Then I found two light pink flower buttons in my stash - and they just looked perfect. I fortunately remembered where I had bought them and was able to get a third one.

As always, my daughter was very excited when I told her that her new cardigan was almost done. She watched me very closely when I soaked it and pinned it out on my blocking mats. Then she kept asking if it was dry yet... and I had to help her put it on right away when finally it was dry. 


I love how it turned out - the slightly puffed sleeves look really cute on my little girl. The size is perfect - it does fit quite well already, but it's still large enough so she won't grow out of it immediately. And it's really quite versatile. So far, she has worn it over simple T-shirts when it was a bit chilly in the morning - but it also looks great worn over long-sleeved shirts, so it'll be perfect for the coming autumn months too.

No comments:

Post a Comment