Friday 8 September 2017

Uh oh...

... has it really been almost three years? I never intended to take such a long break from blogging about my crafty endeavours, but then I guess work life got the better of me. Anyway, I'm back! Hello again!

So, what's new?

Most importantly, my family has grown a tiny bit. My second daughter, Rebecca, was born July 31st, 2016. It's hard to believe she's already celebrated her first birthday.

But this this actually not a blog about my private life, is it? So, back to crafty topics...

I got myself a new sewing machine... uhm... two years ago, I think? Best decision ever to get rid of that old thing that made me think twice before I started sewing late at night, for fear I might wake my daughter or even the neighbours. Seriously - it sounded like a demolition hammer rather than what I thought a sewing machine should sound like. Plus, it wouldn't sew through more than two or three thin layers of cotton fabric without constantly getting stuck. So, I bought a Husqvarna Viking - and haven't regretted it even once. It's making such a huge difference! I dare tackle much more elaborate projects now. I still love making project bags, but the limits of what is possible for me to make have been pushed waaay out.

My favourite sewing project so far this year was a costume I made for Helena (who is almost five years old now!). She (like almost all girls that age I guess), just loves everything Frozen. She hasn't even seen more than half of the film, BUT... everything has to be about Elsa and Anna and the rest of the lot. So, no big surprise - she asked me could I make her an Anna or Elsa dress in time for the carnival party at kindergarten. I went with Anna's outdoor winter wear. I followed the Simplicity Pattern for the dress and cloak, and found a pattern for the cap somewhere on the internet (if I come across it again, I'll edit in the link).

I loved making the dress, and I think it came out beautifully.



My daughter was absolutely thrilled - here you see her fully dressed up.


So, I'll stop here for now... there'll be more news later (and also things that are really not new...), but chores are waiting...





No comments:

Post a Comment