Wednesday 1 November 2017

Halloween Project Bag Sewing Frenzy

Up until quite recently, my toddler girl has been surprisingly indifferent to my knitting or crochet projects lying around the house. But now all of a sudden she grows more and more interested in the squishyness of yarn balls... Which means I can't let my projects lie around openly any more. I need project bags - with zippers! Now, I have made a few of those in the past, but I've never kept a single one for myself.

My favourite pattern for zippered pouches is the Open Wide Zippered Pouch. I found some halloween themed fabrics in my stash - leftovers from last year's halloween swap sewing - and took full advantage of the size chart. I made two bags of each size... in just two days (well... evenings)!


Now I just have to keep them hidden from the 5-year-old... she loves bags of all shapes and sizes, and I bet she would just love to get her hands on the one with the little ghosts on it - because it's glow-in-the-dark! But hey... I've got plenty of that fabric left - she will get one too... eventually.

I just hope the little one will take her time to find out how those zippers work...

No comments:

Post a Comment